American English in Mind is the American edition of the successful British course English in Mind.
The American edition motivates teenage students of American English through thought-provoking reading, listening, speaking, and writing topics.
Contemporary spoken American English is presented in realistic contexts with content-rich photostories and dialogues.
The interleaved Teacher's Editions provide step-by-step instructions for teachers along with supplemental material for multi-level classes.
The Student's Book DVD-ROM features stimulating grammar exercises, games, video, unit tests, Workbook audio, and selected Student's Book audio.
The videos feature the Student's Book photostory characters and include a 'Videoke' function that allows students to record and hear their voices in portions of the video dialogues.
- Thought-provoking, contemporary unit themes, topical readings, and Culture in Mind texts
- Clear learning objectives with each unit and "Check your progress" pages every two units
- Starter and Level 1 are appropriate entry points for absolute and false beginners of English
- Contemporary visual appeal with photos and teen-centered photo stories
- DVD-ROM with interactive exercises, audio resources, and video episodes.
- Customizable test maker and additional worksheet resources on CD-ROM
- Interleaved Teacher's Editions with lesson plans, answer keys for Student's Books and Workbooks, cultural information, and teaching tips by methodology expert Mario Rinvolucri.
- Photocopiable grammar and communication activities available in Teacher's Editions
- Additional practice and reference material for grammar, vocabulary development and pronunciation in Student's Book appendices and in Workbooks.
- Videos feature continuing characters in situations highlighting teens' social and personal development.